- The Concentrate: Hemophilia of North Carolina's official quarterly newsletter. Learn about upcoming events, health topics and local/national legislative issues.
- Financial Assistance Program: Provides financial support, based on availability of funding, to help pay for emergency expenses relating to the care and treatment of a bleeding disorder as well as other basic living expenses on a case by case basis. Refer to the program guidelines for more information.
Downloadable versions of this program's guidelines (pdf, 162kb) and application form (pdf, 184kb) are available.
- MedicAlert: HNC recognizes that it is important that individuals with bleeding disorders have a MedicAlert ID tag. MedicAlert IDs come in many forms, including dog tags and bracelets. Emergency responders are trained to look for a MedicAlert IDs and contact the MedicAlert organization to obtain the person's medical information to ensure proper treatment. This can be lifesaving in an emergency situation! Contact the HNC office to find out more information about how you can get your MedicAlert jewelry for FREE.
- Scholarship Opportunities: There are many scholarship opportunities available to members of the bleeding disorders community. Refer to the scholarship page on this site for more information.
- Grants for attending NHF Annual Meetings and HFA Educational Symposia: Grants are available to qualified family members of persons newly diagnosed with hemophilia and other bleeding disorders. Limited funds are available at present, but we hope to expand on this opportunity in the future. We believe these meetings are a wonderful place to meet other families and help to educate all persons affected by a bleeding disorder.
A grant application form (with guidelines) is available for download (pdf, 336kb).
- Unión Latina de Hemofília (HNC Latin Union): Occasional special events around the state of special interest to our Hispanic community. Most programs are conducted in Spanish.
- Email bulletins: Late breaking news and event announcements of interest to the bleeding disorders community.
- NC Blood Brotherhood: An extension of HFA's Blood Brotherhood Program designed to provide opportunities for men with bleeding disorders to get together both in person and online to discuss their issues with each other and with caring professionals. It's a chance to connect with others who have been where they are – people who can share their experiences, suggest a coping skill, or just crack a joke and enjoy each other's company!
- Annual and Special Events:
(please refer to the HNC Event Registration and Attendance Policy)
- Annual Meeting: An opportunity to meet new friends, revisit with old friends and enjoy this educational event. The meeting provides community members with the latest information on care and treatment along with valuable resource material.
- Holiday Celebration: A wonderful end of year event and a time to enjoy great food, good friends and a visit from Santa!
- Casino Night: A gala first of the year event with fine food, live music, and plenty of professional casino games (with "funny money" of course).
- Other Events: Throughout the year we offer educational events including Family Retreats, Teen Programs, Mom's Night Out, Dads in Action ... just to name a few. In addition, we hold fund-raising events such as our Casino Night and golf & tennis tournaments. Visit the Upcoming Events section on the main page of the website to see what's happening with HNC.
If you have any questions or need more information about any of these programs and services, please contact us at HNC.