Registration is Closed. All spaces have been filled. You may contact the HNC office to check if additional spaces have come open.
HNC Family Retreat
Friday, September 15 – Sunday, September 17, 2017
Sea Trail Resort & Conference Center
Sunset Beach, NC
Hemophilia of North Carolina’s popular Family Retreat is returning to the beach this fall! We invite families who have children affected by a bleeding disorder to join us for a fun and educational retreat weekend. Educational programming is geared towards families who have children twelve and under. Childcare will be provided. **New this year, we are asking for any teens who attend this year’s retreat to be a buddy for a younger child.
Accommodations and meals will be provided at no cost to HNC member families thanks to the generous support of our sponsors and donors. Attendees will stay in mini-suites that typically include two double beds, open floor plan, bathroom, TV, and kitchenette featuring a microwave, coffee maker, and refrigerator. Rooms include towels/linens and daily towel and trash service is included. Check-in will be on Friday, at 4:00pm in the Promenade at the Conference Center. Handicap accessible rooms are also available upon request.
Programs will begin at 5:00pm on Friday and will conclude on Sunday at 1:00pm after lunch.
This year’s family retreat will feature:
- A two-night stay at the Sea Trail Resort & Conference Center. All meals included.
- Fun, family activities on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Adult Track will include The Benefits of Camp, Helping Our Children to Succeed, Navigating the ER, breakout sessions — including a session in Spanish, and more
- Children’s Track will include Smart Games, a fun way for kids to learn about their bleeding disorders, a special program for unaffected siblings, a visit from the NC Aquarium and more.
- Breakout session in Spanish.
- Childcare will be provided for children under 3.
- Teens and young adults (ages 13-20) will be asked to “buddy up” with the younger kids in attendance to help mentor them and are expected to take part in this awesome experience. There will not be any separate teen programming.
- Free time to visit the beach.
We expect that you attend all programs. This is a popular event, often with a waiting list of people wanting to attend. We will once again be offering gas cards to everyone who attends all sessions to help offset some of the costs of travel to the retreat. There will be time to enjoy the area and visit the beach. If you do not believe that you will be able to make the commitment to attend, please do not register.
RSVP by Monday, August 21. Registration is on a first-come first-served basis. Priority will be given to those who have a child twelve and under with a bleeding disorder and to those not affiliated with industry.
Sea Trail Resort & Conference Center is located in Sunset Beach, NC, just a short 5 minute drive to the beach and 30 minutes from North Myrtle Beach. Featuring a variety of accommodations, meeting facilities, an indoor and outdoor pool, fitness center, and three golf courses. You can find more information on their website, www.seatrail.com.
(*Adobe Acrobat Reader is required.)